Disney Robin Hood figures
|This one is a
The Revell Robin Hood figure set, from the cartoon movie of the 70's.
Just got started on this one finally. Been meaning to get to it for a while.
A nice little fun kit that should be a fairly straightforward build.
|I am in the seam clean-up stage
A good time to show a bit of an example of the way I build styrene kits.
Still working the seams. A little primer to check my progress.
Already puttied the neck on Little John but that is still in the basement with another primer coat right now.
Still have to do the neck joint on Robin.
Hope to have these ready to paint by the end of February.
These are the two that needed some decent putty work at the neck joint/
These were designed to have the head spin, but the joints were just way too loose and looked like crap.
Little John is almost done, just a little more detailing in the putty.
Robin just got his first application of putty. After the primer dries, I will have to see what needs done next.
Well the seam work is almost done. Just noticed a few minor issues once I got them base coated in white.
I am using white as I really want the paint colors to be bright.
Still plugging away at these. The king is almost done, just need to finish his crown and few finishing touches.
The green on Robin and Little John just wasn't working. So I stripped them down and plan on spray painting the green, then doing the detail work.
Thought I would also show how big (or small) these figures actually are.
|Yeah, this kit is still hanging
Been on the bench since 2007.
Haven't even done anything on the kit since 2009.
But now it's back, and I want it done and off my bench.
Didn't like the way the green was looking when I painted it over the white.
So I stripped these 2, and painted them with green spray paint.
Then I started detailing them.
Man, there are a lot of details packed into these small kits.
Of course. Since I am getting close to done, I had to come up with
and idea to make things more complicated and time consuming.
I don't have the bow, that Robin is supposed to be holding.
And I don't have the rest of Sir Hiss (the coiled up lower portion).
So I figured I would just have Robin holding Sir Hiss as a sort of hostage.
This meant I would have to scratch build the rest of Sir Hiss.
I cut a piece of sprue that I am going to use.
Then I heated it, stretched it, and bent / twisted it.
If you notice, it is considerably skinnier than the upper portion.
This is intentional, so I can cover it with putty and add some detail to it.