|Go BACK to the map page|
|Finished in 2001 and touched up in 2009|
|Pulled this one back out again to redo
Mainly the face, but I want to retouch the base as well.
|This kit was actually harder to do than
I thought it would be. The actual building was rather
straight forward. Just a little work on the seams on the
legs. Plus the seam in the hair. The detail wasnt that
hard to re-carve after sanding.
Painting, on the other hand, was a real pain. I didn't think it would be that hard to mix up a realistic flesh tone until I tried it. Still not 100% satisfied with the color I ended up with. The details on the clothes weren't too hard, but the face. That was tough. In 1/13 scale, It was real hard to make it somewhat lifelike. The pictures didn't really turn out very good for the facial details. Hopefully, I will get around to trying some more shots to see if I can get a better view of the face.
I put in the 2 shots of just the base, to show how I put the snake on the tree. It took me a while to discover how to get it to wrap around. I finaly figured out that the snake had to go on the tree before the tree was attached to the base. That was the only way I could manuver it around the tree.